Have you ever had a dream to run a B&B in France ?
Are you fed up with corporate and longing to work for yourself?
Are you facing redundancy and uncertain about your future?
Are you ready for a new challenge and looking for an entrepreneurial adventure?
Are you interested in wine and in particular, champagne
Many people just like you who have visited us here at Les Molyneux have said they’d love to be able to do what we do. Many have asked probing questions about what it takes to be successful in this business, and how it works.
And that got me thinking…
Champagne is probably the most under-developed wine region of France. Compared to Burgundy, Bordeaux, the Loire Valley or Provence, Champagne is only now starting to be discovered and people often say they had no idea about what the region has to offer.
Since running our B&B here in Champagne for over 13 years, we’ve noticed some trends:
- Tourism is now the hot topic on the regional development board’s agenda and they are regularly running workshops and courses for tourism operators to help them attract more tourists
- The number of tourists over the last few years has massively increased (source Office de Tourisme, Epernay)
- The number of B&B’s operating in the region has virtually stayed the same (source Office de Tourisme, Epernay)
- There is a shortage of beds available in the high season
Running a successful B&B here in Champagne is easy when you know how – I’ve done it and I can show you how to do it too.
Let me explain. We have identified some properties for sale in the region which would make fabulous B&Bs – one of them is in Verzy where our own B&B, Les Molyneux, is situated.
And why do I think there is a God-given opportunity here for you to start a successful bed and breakfast business of your own?
The season is long – starting at Easter/April and going all the way through to December with the wonderful Champagne Festival in Epernay “Habits de Lumiere” taking place just before Christmas.
Champagne is easily accessible from the UK, being just 3 hours easy driving from Calais.
With the new TGV (super fast train), we’re just 45 minutes from Paris and Charles de Gaulle international airport
We attract visitors from the furthest flung reaches of the English speaking world, as far away as Australia! Everyone has heard of champagne and more and more people are choosing to come and discover the region where it’s made.
Now let me tell you something that might shock you:
We turned away over 200 bookings last year – at 100 euros per night, that’s €20,000 worth of business that we could have passed straight to another B&B owner. Could that person be you?
When it comes to marketing, the French haven’t really got to grips with this yet – which leaves the opportunity wide open for us and for you too, if you choose to take up this really exciting and life-changing opportunity to own your own thriving B&B in France. Fancy this could be a dream come true but worried about the scale of the challenge to run your own business over here?
Whatever your challenge, I promise we’ve had it too, have solved it, and can help you:
- We understand the legal process of buying a property in France, having been through it ourselves of course, not to mention that we speak fluent French and will help you to buy your dream property here
- We understand how to set up a business here and can help you to do that too.
- We know and have used local trades-people to re-furbish and renovate and can recommend them to you.
- If you have school-age children, there’s an International English section within a French school starting at aged 8 right through to the International Baccalaureate, at age 18.
There is a small and very supportive Anglo community here, which we can introduce you to.
Interested in finding out more about this offer even if right now it feels like a bit of a pipe dream? (That’s how we once thought of it but we’re proof it can be done).
Email me now: yvonne [at] yvonnehalling.com for more information and to get your questions answered.